Open Scouting (374)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

GSM

Marijuana and other drugs

I am not sure if the topic has ever come up but I know that tobacco and alcohol are prohibited at Scouting events, how about other substanc…

Started by Joe Edge

4 Apr 2
Reply by Joe Edge

Rover Shoulder Badges--Placement Contradictions, Clarifications, & Recommendations

Greetings, Scouts! I've been trying to sort out the Rover shoulder badge placement and interactions. I am confused by a few apparent intern…

Started by Gregory M Rainey

3 Apr 2
Reply by Gregory M Rainey

GSM

Backpacking Tents for Lightweight Packs

Hello all, My name is Adam. We are working on developing our Scouting Group here in the Sierra Nevada Foothills. Since we live in such a gr…

Started by Adam Robertson

2 Apr 2
Reply by Adam Robertson

Nat'l Staff

awesome wood craft DIY website

This is so cool.  They have pdf copies of old magazine articles such as a 1941 Popular Mechanics article on how to make your own bow and ar…

Started by William Carter

1 Apr 2
Reply by William Carter

Nat'l Staff

SCOUTbox

Maybe you've heard of this. I'm still not entirely sure what it's all about (even after reading up on these types of "subscription boxes"),…

Started by Jeff Kopp

8 Mar 24
Reply by Joseph C. Braxton

DIY Neckers

I'm hoping to hear from others who have made their own neckers, and see some pics. I'm sewing all of the neckers my group needs to help kee…

Started by Cassandra Redeagle

2 Mar 18
Reply by Cassandra Redeagle

Alt. Pathfinder shirt options....

We have a group of Pathfinder leaping up! Hurray! Has anyone had luck finding smaller and less expensive PF shirts somewhere other than the…

Started by Jenny Jasinski

1 Mar 18
Reply by Cassandra Redeagle

Transferring registrations

Hi, I originally registered myself and my son as Lone Scouts but have since chartered a group. Is it possible to have my registration and m…

Started by Jennifer Best

2 Mar 15
Reply by Jennifer Best

GSM

Scout Science Ideas for March for Science on Earth Day

I'd really like our group to participate in the March for Science in our local community. I think we can really provide a service by having…

Started by Celeste Neiser

1 Feb 19
Reply by William Carter

Non-Profit/EIN number

Hello, Two part question here. 1.  Wondering if there is any update on the status of the 501C3 being available to the local groups? 2.  We…

Started by Susan Aldridge-LaVigne

2 Jan 9
Reply by Susan Aldridge-LaVigne

RSS

Welcome to the BPSA Base Camp

Networking site for BPSA members & staff, plus anyone else interested in growing our coed, inclusive, traditional scouting program in the United States.

Latest Activity

Profile IconHarold Cannon and Richard Seymour joined Jess B-E's group
Thumbnail

South Region

Base Camp forum for BPSA scout groups and lone scouts living in the South Region: Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, District of Columbia, the Carolinas, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin…See More
4 hours ago
Harold Cannon updated their profile
4 hours ago
Profile IconCeleste Neiser and Sam Phillips are attending Shannon Phillips's event
Thumbnail

NorCal Hullabaloo at Bort Meadows group campsite in Anthony Chabot regional park

July 7, 2017 at 2pm to July 9, 2017 at 12pm
Registration is now open for Northern California’s third annual Hullabaloo, at the Bort Meadow group campsite in Anthony Chabot regional park, from 2 PM on Friday, July 7th to noon on Sunday,…See More
7 hours ago
Richard Seymour replied to David Coronado's discussion Parade Banners
"I've always wanted to make a monster size parade banner of a QR code, so everyone watching the parade can simply aim their smartphone at us and be transported to our Website in real time.  Somewhere Google has a free, no…"
12 hours ago
Richard Seymour joined David Atchley's group
Thumbnail

Scout Groups & Leaders

A Group for current and prospective Scout Group Leaders and other warranted group positions (Group Scoutmaster, Troop Leaders, Pack Leaders, Otter Leaders, and assistants for each).See More
13 hours ago

Nat'l Staff
William Carter replied to Dave Carroll's discussion Youth leadership in the Otters in the group Otters
"    Another idea I learned from Woodbeads is that the Canadian traditional scouting groups do the following.  The Timberwolf pack lives in the jungle (imaginatively).  The Pack Leader (Cub master) and their assistants are…"
15 hours ago
Richard Seymour updated their profile
18 hours ago

Nat'l Staff
William Carter replied to David Coronado's discussion Parade Banners
"Yeah! I wanna go diving with that troop!"
18 hours ago

Videos

• Add Videos

Birthdays

Badge

Loading…