Hello everyone,

I have a question. Since there isn't a BPSA-US flag available in the QM store what does everyone use? Just the WFIS flag? Or does everyone make a group flag? I am a lone Rover and since I don't have a group yet I want to get out into the community to spread the word. What is the best option? Get a banner or flag made? Thanks for your help.

Views: 139

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

One could use the WFIS flag or the St. George flag.  You being a Rover you could make a Rover Crew Flag for one as well.  My group uses the St. George flag but I hope we can make a group one once we get someone crafty enough.  Here are some links to prior discussions on flags.

http://bpsa-us.ning.com/forum/topics/group-flags?id=6537271%3ATopic...

http://bpsa-us.ning.com/forum/topics/custom-flags?commentId=6537271...

Thanks for your thoughts, but I don't have a crew because I am a Lone Rover. Not everyone knows what a St. George/WFIS flag is. So for the purpose of starting a group I would like to display a national organization flag. 

William Carter said:

One could use the WFIS flag or the St. George flag.  You being a Rover you could make a Rover Crew Flag for one as well.  My group uses the St. George flag but I hope we can make a group one once we get someone crafty enough.  Here are some links to prior discussions on flags.

http://bpsa-us.ning.com/forum/topics/group-flags?id=6537271%3ATopic...

http://bpsa-us.ning.com/forum/topics/custom-flags?commentId=6537271...

One is in the works. There are several excellent suggestions for a BPSA-US flag being discussed at HQ level. The largest barrier is cost. We're small enough that we don't get much of a price break on getting them printed.

Thanks for the update. 

David Coronado said:

One is in the works. There are several excellent suggestions for a BPSA-US flag being discussed at HQ level. The largest barrier is cost. We're small enough that we don't get much of a price break on getting them printed.

The WFIS flag is used at most BPSA events. We actually have a committee working on coming up with an "official" BPSA flag for national and Scout groups to use as well. Until then, the WFIS flag or the official BPSA logo is best for advertising/promotional efforts.
...and as a Lone Scout, you DO have a group! ;)
Yours in Scouting,
-Scott Moore
1st Lone Scouts RSL

Thanks Scott

Scott Moore said:

The WFIS flag is used at most BPSA events. We actually have a committee working on coming up with an "official" BPSA flag for national and Scout groups to use as well. Until then, the WFIS flag or the official BPSA logo is best for advertising/promotional efforts.
...and as a Lone Scout, you DO have a group! ;)
Yours in Scouting,
-Scott Moore
1st Lone Scouts RSL

RSS

Welcome to the BPSA Base Camp

Networking site for BPSA members & staff, plus anyone else interested in growing our coed, inclusive, traditional scouting program in the United States.

Latest Activity

Emily Hogan joined Jeff Kopp's group
Thumbnail

31st River Valley

31st River Valley BPSA Scout Group based in Sacramento, California, under the leadership of GSM David Coronado.See More
yesterday
Emily Hogan joined Jeff Kopp's group
Thumbnail

Otters

Program ideas, sharing and leaders roundtable discussions for BPSA Otters.See More
yesterday
Emily Hogan replied to Elizabeth Buckwalter's discussion A Columbia Shirt
"How did this shirt work out for you?"
yesterday
Tod Sterling Young updated their profile
Tuesday
George Stecher commented on George Stecher's blog post Astronomy: The BPSA Planisphere
"I've changed my settings so I get notified by email when someone comments on my posts, so I hope I won't let any other comments slip by."
Tuesday
George Stecher commented on George Stecher's blog post Astronomy: The BPSA Planisphere
"Hi Katie,Sorry for the delay.  Somehow I missed your comment.  I used 7-zip, which is freely and has versions for the Windows, Mac, and Linux.  The next post in my blog, which corrected a typo or two, is what I think is a more generic…"
Tuesday
George Stecher posted a discussion

Astronomy and Eclipse Viewing Resources

Hi all,I'm slowly developing some astronomy resources to help Pathfinders earn their Astronomy Special Proficiency Badge and to help all scouts appreciate the sky and learn astronomy and sky lore.On my blog you will find a planisphere (a rotating…See More
Tuesday

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Jeffrey Kaye.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service