Hello everyone,

I have a question. Since there isn't a BPSA-US flag available in the QM store what does everyone use? Just the WFIS flag? Or does everyone make a group flag? I am a lone Rover and since I don't have a group yet I want to get out into the community to spread the word. What is the best option? Get a banner or flag made? Thanks for your help.

Views: 141

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

One could use the WFIS flag or the St. George flag.  You being a Rover you could make a Rover Crew Flag for one as well.  My group uses the St. George flag but I hope we can make a group one once we get someone crafty enough.  Here are some links to prior discussions on flags.

http://bpsa-us.ning.com/forum/topics/group-flags?id=6537271%3ATopic...

http://bpsa-us.ning.com/forum/topics/custom-flags?commentId=6537271...

Thanks for your thoughts, but I don't have a crew because I am a Lone Rover. Not everyone knows what a St. George/WFIS flag is. So for the purpose of starting a group I would like to display a national organization flag. 

William Carter said:

One could use the WFIS flag or the St. George flag.  You being a Rover you could make a Rover Crew Flag for one as well.  My group uses the St. George flag but I hope we can make a group one once we get someone crafty enough.  Here are some links to prior discussions on flags.

http://bpsa-us.ning.com/forum/topics/group-flags?id=6537271%3ATopic...

http://bpsa-us.ning.com/forum/topics/custom-flags?commentId=6537271...

One is in the works. There are several excellent suggestions for a BPSA-US flag being discussed at HQ level. The largest barrier is cost. We're small enough that we don't get much of a price break on getting them printed.

Thanks for the update. 

David Coronado said:

One is in the works. There are several excellent suggestions for a BPSA-US flag being discussed at HQ level. The largest barrier is cost. We're small enough that we don't get much of a price break on getting them printed.

The WFIS flag is used at most BPSA events. We actually have a committee working on coming up with an "official" BPSA flag for national and Scout groups to use as well. Until then, the WFIS flag or the official BPSA logo is best for advertising/promotional efforts.
...and as a Lone Scout, you DO have a group! ;)
Yours in Scouting,
-Scott Moore
1st Lone Scouts RSL

Thanks Scott

Scott Moore said:

The WFIS flag is used at most BPSA events. We actually have a committee working on coming up with an "official" BPSA flag for national and Scout groups to use as well. Until then, the WFIS flag or the official BPSA logo is best for advertising/promotional efforts.
...and as a Lone Scout, you DO have a group! ;)
Yours in Scouting,
-Scott Moore
1st Lone Scouts RSL

RSS

Welcome to the BPSA Base Camp

Networking site for BPSA members & staff, plus anyone else interested in growing our coed, inclusive, traditional scouting program in the United States.

Latest Activity

Sarah Nelson is now a member of Baden-Powell Service Association Trailhead
2 hours ago
Profile IconAlexander Christian Fox and Mark K Pickett joined David Atchley's group
Thumbnail

Scout Groups & Leaders

A Group for current and prospective Scout Group Leaders and other warranted group positions (Group Scoutmaster, Troop Leaders, Pack Leaders, Otter Leaders, and assistants for each).See More
Sep 13
Ashlie Daigle is now a member of Baden-Powell Service Association Trailhead
Sep 13

GSM
Chun-Yin Chong updated their profile
Sep 13
Profile IconChance Michaels, Tomas Djurstrom and Olgierd Bilanow are attending Jillian Tate's event

BTC3 Training at Cheesequake State Park at Cheesequake State Park, NJ

October 20, 2017 to October 22, 2017
Calling all youth section leaders!  This new BTC3 training is built from the ground up for YOU.  We are bringing TWO trainers from Oregon (Ethan Jewett and Kristen Klever) to teach this next level Brownsea training to our NE Rovers.  The Brooklyn…See More
Sep 12
Olgierd Bilanow updated their profile
Sep 12
Olgierd Bilanow joined Jeff Kopp's group
Thumbnail

Northeast Region

Base Camp forum for BPSA scout groups and lone scouts living in the Northeast Region: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and West Virginia.See More
Sep 12
Profile IconQuincy Brown, Jason Walker and Olgierd Bilanow joined Baden-Powell Service Association Trailhead
Sep 12

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

Birthdays

Birthdays Tomorrow

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Jeffrey Kaye.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service