I'm a new scouter with the BPSA Ontario's 9th Welland BPSA Scouting Group.  I've only just started in the last couple of months and the 9th Welland has only been in the BPSA since the spring.  We're in contact and working closely with a few BPSA ON troops, especially the 27th Cambridge and the 25th Burford but the thought has occurred to us, since the BPSA is so well-established in the United States, that there might be BPSA groups across the border in upstate New York or Pennsylvania who we ought also to be in contact with.

For clarity, Welland is about 15 miles from the border crossing at Niagara Falls, and only 25 miles from Buffalo, whereas Burford or Cambridge are 80 or 100 miles away.

Are there any BPSA scouts in Buffalo, Niagara Falls, Rochester, Erie or the surrounding area?

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

just one lone rover - scott moore within about 200 miles of you i believe. next nearest group is kingston ny the 91st sojourners

That would be me, and I'm all alone - so alone, in fact, that I'm the BPSA-US Lone Scout leader. :)

I'm located just outside of Buffalo in Erie County and am the only BPSA registered Scout in the US for about 100 miles.  Most of our presence seems to be right on the east and west coasts.

Yours in Scouting,

-Scott Moore

BPSA Rover Knight, 1st Lone Scouts RSL

Jewett Parkway FTW!

Scott: Your reply dinged my phone just as we were finishing up this week's scout meeting, and I mentioned it to the other leaders:  As of today, you have a standing invite to join the 9th Welland for camps or hikes, if you feel like crossing the border and having some company for a change. ;)

Scott Moore said:

That would be me, and I'm all alone - so alone, in fact, that I'm the BPSA-US Lone Scout leader. :)

I'm located just outside of Buffalo in Erie County and am the only BPSA registered Scout in the US for about 100 miles.  Most of our presence seems to be right on the east and west coasts.

Yours in Scouting,

-Scott Moore

There is also the 24th in Michigan that is about the same distance as the 91st.  https://batchgeo.com/map/39c3aea651740d4d9da2ae764ab4989e

That's awesome!  Do you guys have a web site/Facebook page with events and schedules?  I'd love to stop by sometime!

Yours in Scouting,

-Scott Moore

Paul Matisz said:

Scott: Your reply dinged my phone just as we were finishing up this week's scout meeting, and I mentioned it to the other leaders:  As of today, you have a standing invite to join the 9th Welland for camps or hikes, if you feel like crossing the border and having some company for a change. ;)

Scott Moore said:

Yours in Scouting,

-Scott Moore

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome to the BPSA Base Camp

Networking site for BPSA members & staff, plus anyone else interested in growing our coed, inclusive, traditional scouting program in the United States.

Latest Activity

Profile IconHarold Cannon and Richard Seymour joined Jess B-E's group
Thumbnail

South Region

Base Camp forum for BPSA scout groups and lone scouts living in the South Region: Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, District of Columbia, the Carolinas, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin…See More
4 hours ago
Harold Cannon updated their profile
4 hours ago
Profile IconCeleste Neiser and Sam Phillips are attending Shannon Phillips's event
Thumbnail

NorCal Hullabaloo at Bort Meadows group campsite in Anthony Chabot regional park

July 7, 2017 at 2pm to July 9, 2017 at 12pm
Registration is now open for Northern California’s third annual Hullabaloo, at the Bort Meadow group campsite in Anthony Chabot regional park, from 2 PM on Friday, July 7th to noon on Sunday,…See More
7 hours ago
Richard Seymour replied to David Coronado's discussion Parade Banners
"I've always wanted to make a monster size parade banner of a QR code, so everyone watching the parade can simply aim their smartphone at us and be transported to our Website in real time.  Somewhere Google has a free, no…"
12 hours ago
Richard Seymour joined David Atchley's group
Thumbnail

Scout Groups & Leaders

A Group for current and prospective Scout Group Leaders and other warranted group positions (Group Scoutmaster, Troop Leaders, Pack Leaders, Otter Leaders, and assistants for each).See More
13 hours ago

Nat'l Staff
William Carter replied to Dave Carroll's discussion Youth leadership in the Otters in the group Otters
"    Another idea I learned from Woodbeads is that the Canadian traditional scouting groups do the following.  The Timberwolf pack lives in the jungle (imaginatively).  The Pack Leader (Cub master) and their assistants are…"
15 hours ago
Richard Seymour updated their profile
18 hours ago

Nat'l Staff
William Carter replied to David Coronado's discussion Parade Banners
"Yeah! I wanna go diving with that troop!"
18 hours ago

Videos

• Add Videos

Birthdays

Badge

Loading…