Our troop leaders have just put in a group order for some WFIS- and BPSA-related items (coffee mugs, lapel pins, etc.) and I've ordered a WFIS belt buckle.  It should be arriving in a couple of weeks.

My question is:  How wide a belt does the buckle take?  (One-and-a-bit US quarters wide isn't terribly useful, especially since I don't have any US change handy.) 

I ask because I'm going to pick up some items at a leatherworking shop I know in a couple of days, and since it's more than an hours' drive, I'd like to pick up a belt blank on this trip without waiting for the buckle to arrive.

If anyone has this buckle, could you take a quick measurement of the inside width of the box frame for me?  Thanks.

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

in size of belt the width is @ 1 1/8 " with the belt thickness of @ 1/8" very simular to the old BSA 2 piece buckles and belts  and the scounts Canada 2 piece buckles and belts . not sure the cm measurement.

hope it helps.

YITS

JC 

Where did you all find the belts?  Looking for a good source.

Paul, I have one and it is on my belt. I am away at the moment back on Monday evening. Happy to measure it for you then if it's not too late. I had a local shop modify an existing UK scout belt (modern type) I purchased on a recent trip. Looks very nice.

I'm an amateur leatherworker, so I generally buy a leather strap blank from a leather supply store like Tandy or Tundra Leather and then do my own tooling and staining.  Most leather supply stores will also offer completed belt blanks, and all you have to do is attach the buckle yourself, or pay them to do it (I know Tundra offers custom leatherwork service, for example.)  A quick Google search should point you at any number of leather stores in your area.

Generally, I make my own belts, straps, suspenders etc. because I know how, I have the tools, and I can make myself high quality (if very plain) leather products for less than if I bought the finished item.  Plus, it can be relaxing, if very time-consuming.

Chance Michaels said:

Where did you all find the belts?  Looking for a good source.

Attachments:

Paul, here as promised, are front and back photos of my WFIS belt buckle attached to a modern UK TSA belt. The belt width is 30mm. Good luck.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome to the BPSA Base Camp

Networking site for BPSA members & staff, plus anyone else interested in growing our coed, inclusive, traditional scouting program in the United States.

Latest Activity

Katie Rogers might attend Jillian Tate's event

BTC3 Training at Cheesequake State Park at Cheesequake State Park, NJ

October 20, 2017 to October 22, 2017
Calling all youth section leaders!  This new BTC3 training is built from the ground up for YOU.  We are bringing TWO trainers from Oregon (Ethan Jewett and Kristen Klever) to teach this next level Brownsea training to our NE Rovers.  The Brooklyn…See More
12 hours ago
Katie Rogers commented on George Stecher's blog post Astronomy: The BPSA Planisphere
"Thank you! "
12 hours ago
Emily Hogan joined Jeff Kopp's group
Thumbnail

31st River Valley

31st River Valley BPSA Scout Group based in Sacramento, California, under the leadership of GSM David Coronado.See More
Wednesday
Emily Hogan joined Jeff Kopp's group
Thumbnail

Otters

Program ideas, sharing and leaders roundtable discussions for BPSA Otters.See More
Wednesday
Emily Hogan replied to Elizabeth Buckwalter's discussion A Columbia Shirt
"How did this shirt work out for you?"
Wednesday
Tod Sterling Young updated their profile
Tuesday
George Stecher commented on George Stecher's blog post Astronomy: The BPSA Planisphere
"I've changed my settings so I get notified by email when someone comments on my posts, so I hope I won't let any other comments slip by."
Tuesday

Videos

• Add Videos

Birthdays

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Jeffrey Kaye.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service